I have over 20 years' experience teaching English to foreigners both in Ireland and abroad. I spent 2 years teaching English in Boston, USA in 1993/94. I am also involved in sales & marketing which entails sourcing new clients and explaining our "Unique Selling Proposition" (USP) to the HR/Training managers of various companies in Dublin.
Brian’s Academic Background:
- A Master's (2.1 Hons) degree in TESOL from University College Dublin, 2013-14.
Areas of interest: The factors that motivate and demotivate EFL teachers
- MBS in International Marketing (2.1 Hons) from the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, University College Dublin in 1994-1995.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from University College Cork (1981-85).
- Languages: French (B2), German (B1) and Japanese (A2).
- Hobbies: Singer/songwriter
- Check out my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/brianahernesongs
Our philosophy is all about creating the right atmosphere in the classroom where both individuals and groups can prosper and thrive in mastering the language. We revisit the basics: build a solid grammar foundation and then give you the opportunity to try out the new target language learned. The course is very student centric and we operate more akin to coaching - setting targets/goals, delivering the service product & meeting these targets within a set time period. We recommend at least 12 classes (1 class a week) as we believe this is the minimum amount of time needed to make the necessary improvements. We are available 6 days a week from 8am to 8pm - Monday - Saturday. Every effort is made to make our school as paperless as possible, students get soft copies of relevant material, e.g. course books, & handouts. Equally, all homework is sent via email to our clients who after completing it, send it back to the teacher for correction. We use the internet, the media and various educational websites in our teaching and we have made a concerted effort to decrease our dependency on hard copies of course books, grammar books, vocabulary books etc over the last 10 years.