General Business English
This course is designed to cover the English needed in the everyday business and workplace situation. It is suitable for those working in management, office administration, HR (Human Resources), customer service or sales/marketing roles who wish to develop their English language skills at work.
Classes are organized to improve your communication skills by building on grammar structures. Vocabulary, listening, reading and writing skills are taught in a business context. We practice writing professional reports, emails, and letters, and proposals. A strong emphasis on good punctuation, paragraphing and good structure is promoted if writing is a priority.
Courses are tailor-made to each individual or particular group. Below, I list a sample syllabus over a typical 12 week course.
* Week 1: Corporate culture
* Week 2: Leaders and Managers - discuss diverse management styles and famous business leaders
* Week 3: Work / job satisfaction
* Week 4: Entrepreneurship - setting up your own business
* Week 5: Brands, Marketing/ Digital Marketing
* Week 6: Advertising - traditional methods versus digital methods
* Week 7: Meetings - role play, giving opinions / agreeing & disagreeing
* Week 8: Presentation skills - students practise making short presentations
* Week 9: Writing skills - emails, memos, formal/informal letters, reports & proposals
* Week 10: Customer service
* Week 11: Globalization
* Week 12: Summative test & feedback.
Interim & final reports: You will receive a progress report at the half-way stage of your course. At the end of your course you will do an on-line end of course test. We correct and discuss your results with you in addition to giving a comprehensive feedback report with suggestions and advice for future study. In addition, you will receive a certificate of attendance; outlining the duration of your course, and the proficiency level attained.