Brian Aherne: English Language Tutor
I have over 20 years' experience teaching English to foreigners both in Ireland and abroad. I spent 2 years teaching English in Boston, USA in 1994/95. I am also involved in sales & marketing which entails sourcing new clients and explaining our "Unique Selling Proposition" (USP) to the HR/Training managers of various companies in Dublin.
Brian’s Academic Background:
- A Master's (2.1 Hons) degree in TESOL from University College Dublin, 2013-14.
Areas of interest: The factors that motivate and demotivate ESL /EFL teachers, listening skills and in particular the strategies international students can use to cope with listening difficulties when attending lectures at tertiary level.
- MBS in International Marketing (2.1 Hons) from the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, University College Dublin in 1994-1995. Specialized in export strategies of English language schools, services marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from University College Cork (1981-85).
- Languages: French, German and Japanese.
- Hobbies: Singer/songwriter.