Director of Studies:
I have over 20 years' experience teaching English to foreigners both in Ireland and abroad. I spent 2 years teaching English in Boston, USA in 1994/95. I am involved in sales and marketing which entails sourcing new clients and explaining our "Unique Selling Proposition" (USP) to the HR/training managers of various companies in Dublin as well as the non-corporate sector.
Brian’s Academic Background:
- A Master's (2.1 Hons) degree in TESOL from UCD, 2013-14.
Specialized in teacher and student motivation. Other areas of interest are listening skills and the strategies international students can use to cope with listening difficulties when attending lectures at tertiary level.
- MBS in International Marketing (2.1 Hons) from the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, University College Dublin in 1994-1995. Specialized in export strategies of English language schools, services marketing, and international marketing strategies.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from University College Cork (1981-85).
- Languages: French, German and Japanese.
- Hobbies: Music, and song-writing.