I have over 20 years' experience teaching English to foreigners both in Ireland and abroad. I spent 2 years teaching English in Boston, USA in 1993/94. I am also involved in sales & marketing which entails sourcing new clients and explaining our "Unique Selling Proposition" (USP) to the HR/Training managers of various companies in Dublin.
Brian’s Academic Background:
- A Master's (2.1 Hons) degree in TESOL from University College Dublin, 2013-14.
Areas of interest: The factors that motivate and demotivate language learners.
- MBS in International Marketing (2.1 Hons) from the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, University College Dublin in 1994-1995. Specialized in export strategies of English language schools, services marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from University College Cork (1981-85).
- Languages: French (B2), German (B1) and Japanese (A2).
- Hobbies: Singer/songwriter.
Our philosophy is all about creating the right atmosphere in the classroom where both individuals and groups can prosper and thrive in mastering the language. We revisit the basics: grammar rules / syntax and then give the students the opportunity to try out the new target language learned. The course is very student centric and we operate more akin to coaching - setting targets/goals, delivering the service product & meeting these targets within a set time period.We recommend at least 12 classes (1 class a week) as we believe this is the minimum amount of time needed to make the necessary improvements. We are available 6 days a week from 8am to 8pm.