Corporate Business English
The school has been providing business English language training for foreign staff working in companies based in Dublin since 2005. We have built up a good reputation for excellent service and this has been key to our success. We have experience dealing with both small & medium sized companies as well as multinationals in a wide range of business sectors.
Initially, we meet with both the HR/Training department and the individual student(s) to assess their needs and proficiency level. Private individuals as well as group students are given a language test as well as a mini interview to accurately assess their proficiency levels. Courses are tailored according to the students' needs and company priorities. This is a cornerstone of the school's philosophy - namely designing a tailor made course for each and every student. Group students should have similar levels and learning objectives as the programme would cover the collective needs in this case. You may want to study specific business topics and a sample of course topics are presented below:
- Overview of grammar structures in a business context
- Business English vocabulary/ idioms/ phrasal verbs
- Basic oral skills: correct pronunciation/ understanding the phonetic chart/intonation/stress/highlight problematic areas
- Business oral skills: using the telephone/ making presentations/ meetings/ negotiations/social English
- Business English exams: BEC/TOEIC
- Writing for business: letters/emails/reports/proposals
- Sales and marketing/advertising/exporting/international marketing/management/ globalization
- Business topics making the news e.g. 'Implications of Brexit' or 'Should Apple have to pay back the $13 Billion'?
We can send a teacher to your premises at a time to suit your staff. We are available from 8am to 8pm 6 days a week.
Prices are very competitive and are all inclusive. All preliminary assessments and tests (entry tests, tests handed out during the course and the final exit test) are administered and corrected free of charge. Each student gets resource material sent to them via their 'Dropbox' or 'Google Docs' account after every class incorporating the material covered in class. In addition, students have direct access to their language tutors via email and social media sites (Skype / Facebook / Whatsapp) whenever they have any queries or need a class offsite.
Private Tuition: €50 per hour
Group Tuition: €75 per hour for a small group (up to 5 students)
Larger groups: Please phone the Director of Studies for prices.
A 12 weeks' course is recommended but we can do shorter more intensive courses if required. Full fees must be paid in advance. Payments to be made by bank transfer only to "Dublin Business English". Whenever a student is unable to attend, we will do our best to rearrange the class at an alternative time during the week. However, missed classes will not be reimbursed in any circumstances unless reasonable notice is given to the school (at least 24 hours' notice). All classes must be carried out within the agreed time period, and classes will be forfeited if they run over the agreed time period.